02-04-08

Ok, still a little upset over the loss, but having Gillian home, makes it all better.
Today I want to talk about the ranking system we have in our house. This is the order

1: Me
2: Reesie
3: Heather
4: Kona
5: Tarryn

Now I did not add Gillian in there because she is still working on her status in the pack.
Now you also might notice that Reesie, our cat....
0802_013
Is above Heather in status. This is not a mistake, (although technically I take orders from Heather, Reesie does not) She is known as the evil , the mean one, "the hide your children what is that cat about to do," cat. She does not take crap from anyone, except me. Reesie is still mad we brought Kona home almost 4 years again. So you can imagine what it is like for her now. She is very curious to what Gillian is doing. The picture above, she is watching her like a hawk. Reesie was the one we really worried about because she is the Alpha animal in the house, and introducing a new member into the pack, can sometimes be hard. I watch a lot of National Geographic, and I told you I like Wolves. She will be fine though. She will realize that Gillian is a lot like me, and be ok.
Ok, on to Kona. Kona and Tarryn switch off the Omega role quite frequently, meaning they both get picked on a lot be Reesie. Kona does not mind as long as there are people around.
0802_011
Kona will welcome Gillian into the pack because, 1) she is another person who will give her cookies, 2) when Gillian starts eating real food, Kona will get nice and fat, 3) Kona will have another person to let her in and out 10 times in an hour, and Gillie will probably not yell at her,4) Gillian will take her on walks. Kona got up with us last night when Gillie cried, it was pretty funny. Almost like, "Mom, Dad, that little thing is making noise and I am tired, can you make it stop?" Kona will be awesome to see in a few months when Gillie is starting to move around a bit more.
Tarryn..... Tarryn has smelled Gillian once or twice and then went back to sleep....she is our very typical Cat, and probably the most normal animal we have.....besides her obsession with plastic and wires. We will find her like the cat in Christmas Vacation after she got in the wires.....
_DSC8167
So after that, I am thinking that Gillian will fall in between Reesie and Heather, not sure yet, but she might take over the Alpha role, and move me into second place....yeah that is probably going to happen :)

0802_021
"I love my new swing, thanks Uncle Scott and Aunt Mandy"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm placing my bets on Gillie taking over the alpha role, considering what I've already seen! :)

GreenWithEnvy said...

I'll second that bet :)

Kellie said...

Too funny, Casey!!! Your animals are going to LOVE Gillian. Our cat hides from the kids during the day but at night she always goes in to check on them with us. She is getting better about being out with them in the daytime now, though. That has changed in the last six months. She doesn't see them as these "THINGS" anymore... well, except for Wesley. lol

I love the crispness of your photos. Which lens are you using???

Unknown said...

Poor Heather, going to drop down to 4th :)

Kellie, I use a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8. It is my new favorite lens.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much Kona looks like my dog Tyler - right down to the little white hairs on his chinny chin chin! I'll have to take a photo of him and post it soon so you can see.

Congratulations on Gillian's homecoming!

Sal Cartusciello said...

I would like to know how you were ever in the #1 position.

ie: Dyson before a 360. :-)