05-07-2008

So today I tweeted about seeing a video about Fish. No this was not a video of the fish that swim, but rather the book Fish! This is a way of thinking that started at the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market . which I have visited twice. Before I read this book, I just thought this was another fish market that was extremely entertaining. Since reading the book I feel that it is is much much more. The whole book is based on 4 rules, Be There, Play, Make Their Day and Choose Your Attitude™. This is how these guys spend everyday while they are at work, and most of them take these rules into their personal lives. This is something that our group wants us to start doing. I admit I was not to keen on reading a book like this for work, but then I read it, and if my company follows through with it, I will be standing in their corner promoting it. Why spend the majority of your time being unhappy. Face it most of us don't have our dream jobs, and the jobs we do have, we spend over 1/3 of our working age life there. That is a long time to spend unhappy. I honestly hope this happens at work, and makes it a lot more enjoyable. I am not saying I don't like my job, cause I really do. Just some days, like today, make it hard to be happy there. Even if they don't follow up with it, I will still try and do these things everyday. I will choose to be happy, I will try and have fun (mostly at the expense of my coworkers :)), every person I help, I will try and make sure they know that I am here when they need me, and I will make their day by.....well I haven't figured that out yet, but I will. So I encourage you to look at this book if you are having a tough time at work, and it may change your attitude about it. I will probably pick up another one of their books this weekend.
Here is a pic of Pike Place Fish Market, if you are ever in Seattle go visit them, it is an unbelievable place.
Worl Famous Pike Place Fish Market

Took some pictures of Gillian tonight on her play mat. She is grabbing at things now, and Heather told me that she found her hand tonight on their walk :) We weighed her last night before bath and she is still around 16 pounds, and she has a dimple on her left cheek which is the cutest thing ever :)
(EDIT: Slideshow was not working right, so here are some pictures.)
DSC_9712

DSC_9710

DSC_9707

DSC_9704



BTW I don't have diabetes :) My Glucose test was fine.

2 comments:

Lynne Christensen said...

Your blog was sent to me. I work for ChartHouse Learning, the folks that created The FISH! Philosophy. I would look forward to talking FISH! with you, answer any questions or find out how it is going. You can reach me at lynne.c@charthouse.com or 1.800.811.5216
Cute baby!
Lynne Christensen

Sal Cartusciello said...

FISH! Well, we will see how well that goes because you and I have about the same amount of patients when it comes to stupid; NONE!

Gillian loves the camera.