05-23-2009

As most of you know from my twitter account, I got offered a job yesterday. I interviewed on Thurs, was told they would let me know by next week, and got an offer around lunch time yesterday. I am super excited about it, but also nervous as hell. I worked for CAT for 11 years and had a very nice comfort zone. This will be a lot different, and take me awhile to get used to. I will be doing design work, possibly some IT also, as it is a smaller company. Pay is a little bit more then I was making before at CAT, but the benefits are awesome. I was contract with CAT and this position is direct. I don't want to say the company name yet, but it is local and about a 20 min commute. My start date it June 8th, so another 2 weeks home. I am going to miss spending time with Gillie. I think I might have gone into some pretty bad depression if I didn't have her. I think being home with her for these 3 months has made me a better father to her, and the time we have on the weekends and at night will be more special.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That is totally awesome, Gavette!

Kellie said...

How wonderful, Casey!! I just got around to seeing this! Yay!!! I'll continue to pray that everything goes smoothly!