2-21-2010

It's been awhile since we've really posted, so I thought I would give an update as to what's going on with us. Casey's sister, Karlee, and her kids, Katie and Tyler, came to visit us last week. We had a nice visit with them, but it went by too quickly. Gillie absolutely loved having her aunt and cousins here. Katie slept on an air mattress in Gillie's room, and Gillie thought that was the greatest thing ever! She loved climbing into bed with Katie every morning when she woke up. When I put Gillie down for her nap today, she asked me, "Momma, where Katie go?" so she is obviously missing them. It was a nice visit, and we are so glad they made the trip down here!

Yesterday afternoon, we met some friends at Marbles Kid's Museum. They have a little girl, Gwyn, who is a couple of months older than Gillie. It was crazy busy, but the girls seemed to have a good time (minus Gwyn getting kicked in the mouth and Gillie bumping her head!).

Gillie & Gwyn:
2010-02-20-20
More Marbles Museum pictures:
2010-02-20-84
2010-02-20-87
2010-02-20-50
2010-02-20-58
2010-02-20-77
2010-02-20-30

Casey and I started doing a new exercise program called P90. I think the P90X is pretty popular right now, but we decided to start with the lower level, as we are a little bit out of shape! We've just started our second week doing it. We also started doing Weight Watchers again today. We've done it before, and had success, but have recently adopted some bad eating habits! So, in an effort to become healthier and to be good role models for Gillie, we are trying to eat better and be more active. The exercise program is rough, but it is definitely easier to stay motivated with Casey doing it, as well.

Gillie is doing really well. I'm not sure if we posted this, but she had her 2 year well visit at the end of January. She weighs 32 pounds (95th percentile) and is 35 1/2 inches tall (84th percentile). Apparently you can estimate a child's adult height by doubling their height at age 2, so the doctor estimated Gillie's adult height to be around 5'10" to 6'!! That seems crazy to me (I'm 5'4"), but we do have some tall genes in our families. We'll see! Gillie is talking up a storm. She says some of the funniest things, and is always making us laugh. She will be starting to attend a daycare/preschool in March. We've had someone coming to the house to watch Gillie, but she is due to have her first baby soon. So, we decided it might be best to put Gillie in a school, so she has the opportunity it interact with other children more often. I've had a hard time with this decision, but I do think Gillie will enjoy it and will do well. I'm sure I will have a few teary days dropping her off, but once I see that she is happy, I will be fine!

That's pretty much it for us! It's beautiful outside today, so we'll probably head out when Gillie wakes up from her nap. It's been a cold winter here (by NC standards!), so we're ready for spring and warmer weather!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

She's growing up so fast! Glad she is doing so well. Mikayla is supposed to be 5'4"... which shocked me because I am 5'7" and my brother is 5'9" or so. Well..... Steve's side of the "genes" are short. lol I know she'll do great at school. Great pics of her and her friend at the museum. :)