My Little Girl

I got home from the hospital and was downloading my pictures for the day, and I decided to listen to some of my music. I opened up my Zune player and put it on random. First song to come up was, "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw......I about lost it. I had always loved that song, but now it really has meaning to me, cause I have a little girl. Gillian had another spell tonight, so there is another 5 days added to her stay. We know and keep telling ourselves that she is in the right place, and the people at Wake Med are taking great care of her. But it still sucks that she has to go through this. She is a trooper though. Today she sat wide awake while I held her and she and I just stared at each other for while. I must say that was one of the best times of my life. I talked to her about Hockey and The Patriots, o yeah, her little pink Patriots beanie will be here Friday :), how much her mom and I loved her, and things about life. How Daddy has stayed in this hospital two times and I came out much better, how all these people here who don't know her, love her and take care of her. I foresee many of those talks in my future. We really just want her to come home so we can start our lives here. It is hard on all of us to see her like this. I am not a religious person, I have had some things in my life happen to me that never made sense, and I guess I just have not gotten over that. I am not against religion, it is just not for me at this point in my life. I know people are praying for my family, and I truly deeply grateful for that.
Ok, enough about that, let's see another pic :)
DSC_7967

Also, here is the You Tube Video for My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. If you have never heard it, please listen.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Casey.... I understand very much what you are feeling. It is amazing how the world changes so quickly when you hold your little ones. You will never be the same again.
I'll still keep prayin' for ya... :) She'll be home soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kellie. I had no idea I was going to feel this way about her. It is amazing. :)

Anonymous said...

I remember reading somewhere that having a child is like taking your heart out of your chest, putting arms and legs on it, setting it down and watching it run around. You now know that wonderful, scary feeling!

And the Tim McGraw song?? Only the beginning, Casey. You can now well up to "In My Daughters' Eyes" by Martina McBride, "I Loved Her First" by Heartland and "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney and every TV show, every news story that involves a child, you will put Gillian in that childs place and you'll want to wrap her in bubble wrap and never let her out the front door.....*sigh* You are finding out this is the most beautiful chapter of your life. I always say "Cassie is everything I never knew I needed". You guys are gonna be GREAT parents.

Sal Cartusciello said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sal Cartusciello said...

***that was my deleted comment***

You are going to scare her with that Patriot talk. :)

All will be OK, buddy. As Kellie said, we will keep praying for all of you.

I am sure this is all "normal" stuff for a baby born a month early. Plus, you get all that great hospital food. ;-)

Morgan forgot the Trace Adkins song, "Then They Do".

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

I looked and my birth certificate doesn't list my weight. My original one did, but Orleans Parish switched to an electronic system sometime. I know I had a copy of my original, but I lost track of it after house #3, I think. :)

And, ain't no way I'm clickin' on a Tim McGraw video. blech