POTD- Go Pats!

DSC_8024

Today Gillian's first Patriots hat came in....the first of many :) It is a little big, but she will grow into it.
Gillian is doing well, she has had a rough couple of days, but she is doing better. She will probably stay in the hospital all next week, but that is where she needs to be. Mom and Dad are doing well too, I know a lot of people are worried about us, and we are fine. Anyone with kids understands how we feel. It sucks to see her in there, but we know she will come home soon, and she will not remember any of this. Today I got a lot of needed sleep, and I really felt bad because I did. I know I have not been at the hospital as much as Heather, and she understands why. I want to be with her and Gillian, but I just can not stay there all the time. I hate to see her all wired up, and I think if I spent all day there seeing her like that, I would not be able to control myself. I love that little girl more then life itself, and it kills me that I can not trade places with her. I guess this really is what it is like being a parent now. I would give up anything for her from when she is born, until I am gone, and if we have more children it will be the same.
When I have had surgery two times in the last 4 years and my Mom was here here for both of them. I knew she wanted to be here because she loves me an she worried about me, it was not until 4 days ago, that I understood why she had to be here and how my Dad was feeling that he couldn't be here. I love you both, and I really want to say thanks for always being here for me and Heather.
I also wanted to thank everyone else for doing things for us. Heather, Gillian and I are very lucky to have friends like all of you, and we can't wait for all of you to meet her. I might be taking decent pictures of her, but they do her no justice when you actually see her ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gillian is gorgeous! I have a neice named Gillian. The funny thing is that her nickname is "Gilly-Bean"! I hope she is home with you soon.

Kellie said...

I know I have never met y'all face to face before but I surely would love to meet little Gillian. She is precious in pictures and I know even more so in real life.

Glad you were able to get some sleep. You need your rest so you can be strong and rested for Heather and Gillian. I tell you, being a parent truly means you never view life the same way again. Everything revolves around "What if that were my child."

You are continually in my thoughts and prayers.

Love the pink Patriot hat. That is too cute. You need to print that picture out and frame it in her room...

Sal Cartusciello said...

The child is now scarred forever. :-)

Yes, now you know what it feels like, but is only stays that way for a short time.......... forever!

Talk with you later.

Anonymous said...

Gillian is beautiful and just the beginning of the new love you have been blessed with. We know in our hearts that she will be perfectly fine, as you two deserve only the best. Elana just told me about your blog and it is the first chance we had to see her. She is precious. A love like that for your child is a love like no other in your life. Words cannot explain it. We can't wait to see her. Take Care of yourselves and enjoy her, they grow up too fast.

Cowboy said...

Casey and Heather and Gillian - congrts, we couldn't be happier for the two of you. Gillian is adorable. Tim does have one question though - what's with the hat? Guess we better send you one with a Cowboy on it! We'll be checking this site for more news. Take care and love. Tim and Jody, Molly and Karl