POTD: Blackberry Pearl

I have had a Motorola Q for about 18 months, and for the most part it has been a wonderful phone/PDA. In fact I would be lost without my phone. My calender, my contacts and pretty much everything else I do is on that phone. So you can image my dismay when about a month ago, it started acting up. Almost once a day it would lock up on me so much, I had to remove the battery to restart it. Needless to say, I was a little upset. I went into Verizon a couple of weeks ago to ask them what they thought was wrong. They said it could be the battery and they could order me a new one, if I wanted. I declined and thought I could tough it out until my contract was up in March and then I would be able to get a new phone.
Since Gillian was born, I have pretty much been on my phone all day. Phone calls, texting, posting to twitter, pretty much trying to keep everyone updated. Today it locked up again and I lost it. After Gillian's 8am feeding I told Heather I was going to down to Verizon and see if I could get an early out of my contract to get my $100 credit on a new phone, and sign a new contract. I honestly was not expecting them to do anything, but once again Verizon came though and made us realize why we use their cell service. Apparently it is 20 months now and they can do and early out, and mine was about 18 months. They said they would be happy to help me out since I have had problems with it over the last month and asked my what I wanted. I really love my Q but I hate the new ones they have, so I decided to get away from Windows and try a Blackberry. I was torn between the Blackberry 8830 and the Blackberry 8130 Pearl.
I decided to go with the Pearl. I was a little bit cheaper, (they gave it to my for $50 after a mail in rebate) and it had a camera, where the 8830 did not. I was a little concerned about the keypad it has, but after about 5 min texting, I got used to it and it is a really nice phone. I am pretty happy with my decision on this.
Here is Gillian's pic of the day from my new Blackberry:
BB pic

Not a bad little camera phone, but certainly not like my dSLR.
Basically I wanted to write this post to talk about customer service. This is not the first time Verizon has gone out of there way to help us. Heather had a phone giving her the frits awhile ago and they let her do an early out to get a new one. I don't know how their plans compared to other company's but I don't care. If I have to pay a little more to know, that is I walk in there with an issue, they are going to make it right, and that is awesome and something you don't see very often anymore. People doing nice things for their customers.
Ok, Gillian updated. She desated a couple of times today and one really scared the hell out of me. She was drinking her bottle and started choking. She went way down on her O2 levels, but Heather was very calm and helped her get her O2 back up. Me, I freaked out...... I don't deal well with things like that, cause it scars me. I really think I am going to try and get my infant CPR certification soon. I think they will help me build confidence when Gilly comes home, and if I am alone with her and something happens. I hope it doesn't but it may.
Ok, off to bed, hope to get a better pic tomorrow :)

Casey

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like your new phone is quite nice!

Just remember when you face new things and problems with Gillian it is normal to be a bit unsteady over it all...it will just take time for you to adjust to all of the things that come with a child. (I still freak out sometimes... lol)
The Infant CPR sounds like a great thing to help you, too.

I really hope you and Heather have been able to get some rest. Hang in there. Nice pic of Gillian with your phone!

Sal Cartusciello said...

All will be OK. Just be calm. You will be OK dealing with this. I know it is hard to believe, but take a deep breath, and you will be able to handle it.

Good call on the Infant CPR. Even if Gillian did not have these problems, probably a good idea.

I was so-so in my experience dealing with Verizon and a battery issue, but on the phone, the customer service was top notch. Have not had to deal with AT&T yet (knocks wood).