02-01-08

Wow, February already. Seems like this past week and a half has just been a blur.
Gillian had another good day today, with no desats, YEAH! :) Hope she keeps this up and is home soon.
I have a couple pictures to post and one video Bonnie shot with Heather's camera a couple of days ago. Pictures are great, but can sometimes lack character. Videos can show a lot more of that sometimes.
First I wanted to talk about Nurses. Anyone who has ever been in the hospital can tell you the difference between a good nurse and a bad nurse makes all the difference in the world. All of Gillian's nurses have been WONDERFUL! I don't think we could have asked for better people to take care of our little girl. They truly make all the difference. The fact that Gillian is not just another patient or that we are not just her parents to them, is great. They know us, and see us everyday. They ask how we are doing, and help us with Gillian. I think we have learned more in the hospital about child care then we probably would have learned in 6 months. They really look out for us, and Gillian. I can't thank them enough. So if you know a nurse, or are going to see the doctor soon, please tell them thank you for what they do, and how much they mean to you.
There is a lot of bad in the world, but there is also a lot of good. The Nurses at Western Wake Med, are people that I am glad I can tell Gillian about when she is older and how they meant so much to us when she was born. They are one reason why I am glad Heather and I decided to bring a child into this crazy world, to prove there is still good in it, and people can care about people they don't even know, just because they do.
Ok on to the pics and video. I hope everyone has a wonderful night, and hug and kiss that special someone tonight.

IMG00021.jpg

IMG00025.jpg

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Now video? Showoff! :-)
Gillian seems very happy, and ready to get home.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so adorable and getting cuter everyday! It looks like you and Heather are doing very well too. I check the blog multiple times per day to check up on you guys. It really made an impact on me to be a part of your family's creation. Its funny it would seem that I am a part of people's births all the time but with your's it was so different. It was really special to me. I think about you both often. Cant wait to see you guys again!

Anonymous said...

The video really is worth so much. It gives your readers a chance to see what its like to sit there with Gillie Bean and listen to that monitor beeping in the background. Yet the thing you focus on is the little smiles that you know are going to come as Gillian falls asleep. Its a huge bright spot in a cloudy day. I have fallen in love all over again. I thought that words could not describe the feeling of becoming a parent, but theres yet another level when you become a grandparent!
Case, I think you are going to be the next Nicholas Sparks, complete with photos and video!
Sal, what do you expect? Where do you think Gillie gets her bright shining star qualities from???
Lisa, you are so lucky. You have something else that no one else will ever have.
Gillie Bean, keep getting stronger!!! Nana loves you! You too, Heath! I'm so proud of you and Casey.

Kellie said...

Awww...I love the pictures and VIDEO!! How neat to see her "in action" and those smiles were so sweet!! I am so thankful she has had good days. Praying today will be the same!!