08-16-2008


A Girl and Her Dog from Casey Gavette on Vimeo.

For anyone who does not know Kona, let me tell you that she is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever known. For those of you who do know Kona, I think you will agree with that. We were never really worried about Kona once we found out we were going to have a baby, since she has nothing bust trust for Heather and I. We pretty much thought it would take her a month or so to get used to Gillian before she felt the same way, and from the video you can tell that she has no problem with Gillian doing whatever she wants to her :) Of course we will step in while she is still young to make sure Gillian does not hurt Kona, but for the most part, Kona think Gillian is one of the "pack" now. One of Heather's friends has an 11 month old and they come to visit from time to time. She is very excited by Kona and was on the floor trying to play with Kona, and grabbed her paw. Kona barked at her. She does not like to have her paws touched, but will tolerate Heather and I doing it....and Gillian. It is pretty remarkable to think about how intelligent animals are and how they know who belongs to them :)This is one of the first "Girl and Her Dog" videos in what I think will be a very long series :)

Everyone watch Michael Phelps .01 second win last night? If you haven't....you need to watch this.

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Very nice. Kona is a great sport. I'm betting the cats may not be as willing to put up with Gillian. Know it was that way with Cassie and our cats.

GreenWithEnvy said...

Awww, how sweet!!! And yes, I will agree Kona is one of the sweetest most well behaved dogs I have ever met.

Phelps was amazing last night, I'll be pulling for the 8th tonight!!!

Kellie said...

That was the sweetest thing... that Kona is a GREAT dog!! :)

I forgot to tell you... I am teaching a Jillian this year. :) I realize there is a name spelling difference, but the name is the same. :)

Morgan said...

What a goooooood doggie! From the first time I met Kona, I knew she'd be tight with Gillian. She's such a lovey dog! I love that Gillian already wants to pet her animals---and yank on those ears! ; )
.......makes me want a doggie.... or 10.....