Post of the Day-Books

When it comes to books, I really don't read a lot. I used to read more when I was in school, and it really helped with my mild dyslexia. It was very hard for me to retain data and I did not get tested for a learning disability until I was a junior in high school. My Brother in Law got me turned on to fantasy novels soon after I was tested. The first book I read probably took me three weeks to read. There was a lot of going back and trying to remember who was who and what was going on. After about a month I was going through books in 3 days. One book I stated at about 7pm and finished around 4am. I just couldn't put it down. Now a days I read Photography books. I am like a sponge. I get a book and I try to learn all I can from it. I want to learn everything I can as fast as I can. Currently this is my Photography Library: (I do have a few more scattered downstaris)
Book Collection

Most of these books are photoshop related and most of them are written by Scott Kelby. A lot of people love his books, and a lot of people don't. As you can see, I am one of those who love his books. I like his writing style, and his jokes. He seems like he would be a great guy to go on a shoot with. Maybe someday I can attend one of his seminars.
The books not so much in focus on the right are Ansel Adams books. He is the biggest reason I love doing landscape photography, and why I use photoshop. He spent so much time in the darkroom perfecting his images, and making great prints. I saw an exhibit of his in Rochester NY when I was home for the summer. A lot of the images they had there were lesser known images, but awesome just the same. He to would be a person I would love to have met, and loved to go on a shoot.
I imagine when Bean comes, I will be reading different kinds of books most of the time. But that is fine with me.
So not the greatest image, but it is my picture of the day.
(bonus points for anyone who can name the hat on the Adams books :) )
Casey

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Great library of books! I wish I had more time to read about photography but I have limited time in my life right now. lol

Ansel Adams is one of my favorites as well. His work is so "clean" and I enjoy his prints.

Wish I could tell you what is on the hat... but I can't. lol

Sal Cartusciello said...

How is it that you both changed backgrounds the same day? And you both changed to black.

Sal Cartusciello said...

I want the bonus points. That is one of the all-time great logos, the old New England Patriot.

Unknown said...

Sal, Comment 1: Great minds think alike, and Black shows pictures better.
Comment 2: Ding, Ding, Ding, You win.....not sure what you win, but you win. :)

Kellie said...

OK...I am so sad I didn't "win"... Being the sportsy person that I am, and reading the Sal's blog about football, I SHOULD have figured that out. I am so disappointed in myself..... he hee

I am still not sure about the black on my blog, though, Casey... I told Sal not to be surprised if it is changed again. lol

Anonymous said...

Seems we like reading the same books. I have a list on my blog. I like your idea of photographing them - I might have to borrow that idea for a photo to include on my booklist page!