POTD, Wed Jan 16th, 2008

Wow, two posts in as many days. Sal and Kellie have really influenced me :)
Here is a new Night Light we just got for Bean's Room

In case anyone was wondering, we call the baby Bean because Heather and I do not know the sex, so instead of calling it "it" we call him/her Bean.
Bean's room is done in Zanzibar, no Sal not because of the Halo2 map. ;) We liked this one the best because of the animals. Heather and I was big animal fans. We love the Zoo and Aquariums, so this was a good fit, and Heather would not let me do a Patriots, Red Sox, Hurricanes room....maybe later. :) The plan is for us to go to the Zoo and take some picture of the animals on the design and I will print and frame them to put in the baby room. I was going to go on Monday, but some of the exhibits are closed. Maybe after Bean is born....
I shot this with my new Tamron 28-75 f/2.8. It is truly a remarkable lens. I shoot everything in RAW then post process with Lightroom and CS3. I like working with RAW because I decide what I like, and I make the image look the way I want it, and not the way the camera sees it. It may take me a longer time to get the results I want, but sometimes it is worth it.

Took my 3rd injection of Humira today. I feel ok, but it does slow me down for the night. So off to do some reading, and then to bed.
Until next time.....
Casey

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Love the night light and the theme. I think pics of the animals will be GREAT for the nursery.

I used to have the Tamron lens you have. I miss the f 2.8! I love small areas of focus, as you can tell. lol My new lens is awesome, though, so I'll get back to a lower f-stop eventually. lol

I really hope your meds do well for you. I have kept up with that through Sal. I'll be praying for you.

Unknown said...

This the best lens I own. My next one is going to be a Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR, but that is going to have to wait until the little one is doing more activities...so maybe in 4 years :) What lens do you use now? It seems very nice.
Casey

Kellie said...

I have the EFS 17-85mm Canon lens. Just got it last fall and have loved it. My Tamron was bought when I still used my 35mm film camera and it didn't give me a wide angle for photos. I couldn't keep them all so I traded it in for the new one. I am now going to start looking into micro lenses. I want to do more close-up work. lol

Believe me... when that little one gets here you will be doing allll kinds of photos. I can't believe how many I have done of the twins. lol